BSN medical understands that progress in patient care depends on continuing professional development, educational initiatives are an integral part of our relationship with clinicians. In 1999, BSN medical launched the Casting Academy to provide cast room staff with the opportunity to work towards continuous professional development.
The Casting Academy was launched in order to . . .
- Reward our loyal customers
- Provide professional education to all hospital cast room staff
- Increase access to relevant training courses available
- Provide a range of quality cast room products, educational materials and training aids
In 2011 the Casting Academy provided over £65,000 of training and educational items and sponsorship to hospital cast rooms.
The Casting Academy has over 300 hospitals enrolled in the scheme, encompassing over 90% of acute hospitals
How does it work?
Casting Academy points are collected by hospitals when purchasing BSN Fracture Management products, click here to discover how to earn points.
Collecting Casting Academy points allows hospital cast rooms to:
Why should your Hospital join?
- Redeem points to attend national educational conferences such as the Association of Orthopaedic Practitioners Annual conference. For more information click here
- Redeem points for educational materials and cast room equipment such as scissors, spreaders or reference books
- Redeeem points to use towards membership of professional associations
- For BCC course dates please click here
- Click here to view the Casting Academy points required for our most popular items.
- Casting Academy hospitals also receive our regular Casting Academy newsletter keeping you updated with the latest news and events in casting.
- A welcome gift on joining
Join up now
- If you wish your hospital cast room to become a member of the Casting Academy and start earning points then simply e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Casting Academy hotline on 0845 1200033 for further details.