JOBST® Academy Modules
The modular approach of the BSN Educational Academies allows optimum flexibility and choice, without compromising learning content. A brief overview of each module currently available is given here, to assist you in your selection for your study day. Where appropriate, modules from both the Cutimed and the JOBST Academies can be combined into one study day.
Module 1: Lymphoedema Overview
- This module provides a basic introduction to lymphoedema and its treatment. It includes the structure of the lymphatic system, types of lymphoedema and the subsequent treatment options available for patients.
Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology
- Identifies and explores the structures of the lymphatic system. Discover how this essential anatomy works under normal circumstances and how changes occur when oedema develops. Note: If you do not require this module, it is expected that you will have a good knowledge of the lymphatic system and its physiology, under normal and altered situations.
Module 3: Clinical Manifestations of Oedema
- An overview of the anatomical changes that occur when oedema develops. Guidance provided in identifying the key components related to the underpinning physiology.
Module 4: Patient Assessment
- Aims to increase knowledge and understanding of the essential components required to perform a full clinical assessment of a patient with oedema (covering all types of oedema development).
Module 5: Mild to Moderate Chronic Uncomplicated Oedema
- Identifies the stages of oedema in the mild to moderate, uncomplicated phase. Uses recognised assessment tools and treatment modalities for patients in this category.
Module 6: Severe and Complicated Oedema
- Identifies the stages of oedema in the severe and complicated phase. Uses recognized assessment tools and treatment modalities for patients in this category.
Module 7: Multi-Layer Lymphoedema Bandaging - Theory
- Identifying and exploring the equipment used and technique required when using multi-layer bandaging to treat a patient with lymphedema.
Module 8: Multi-Layer Lymphoedema Bandaging - Practical
- A practical demonstration of multi-layer lymphoedema bandaging (MLLB), in accordance with the International Lymphoedema Framework guidelines, for both the upper and lower limbs. Followed by a hands-on practical MLLB session using a Comprilan® short-stretch bandage.
Module 9: Compression Therapy - Theory
- An overview of the theory of compression and relating this understanding to choosing the correct type of compression garment, including the style and compression level most appropriate for a patient with oedema.
Module 10: Measuring for a JOBST Ready-to-Wear Compression Garment
- A practical demonstration in measuring for a JOBST Ready-to-Wear compression garment covering both the upper and lower limbs. Followed by a hands-on practical session in measuring for JOBST Ready-to-Wear garments.
Module 11: Measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit Garment
- A practical demonstration in measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit, flat-knit garment covering both the upper and lower limb. Followed by a hands-on practical session in measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit garment.
Module 12: Measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit Garment - Lower Limb
- A practical demonstration in measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit, flat-knit garment covering the lower limb. Followed by a hands on practical session in measuring for a JOBST Elvarex Custom-Fit garment.
Module 13: Developing a Lymphoedema Service
- An opportunity to find out the basics of what is required in the development of a lymphedema service in your area. This includes the essential information required when dealing with line managers, finance and succession planning.
Module 14: Palliative Care
- An overview of the treatment approach in managing lymphoedema in accordance with a palliative care model in the workplace. How to adapt the basic components used to benefit patients with advancing disease following a full clinical assessment.
Module 15: Obesity
Explores obesity related oedema and how this impacts on the patient’s treatment. Identifies the options available to assist obese patients, recommended support pathways and appropriate garment options.
Module 16: Genital Oedema
- An overview of the anatomy of the genitourinary system, and the anatomical changes that occur when oedema develops. Guidance is provided on the identification and subsequent treatment options that are available for patients with genital oedema.
Module 17: Leg Ulcer Management
- An overview of diagnosis and assessment, highlighting signs and symptoms of venous, arterial, diabetic and mixed aetiology ulcers, as well as indications of malignancy. Explores associated risk factors and disease pathways. Includes assessment for and application of compression therapy, in accordance with best
The list of available modules is continually being expanded. If you can't find a module to meet your training needs from the list above, please email us the details as we'd be pleased to see how we can accommodate your request.
If you are interested in arranging a JOBST Academy study day, please contact your local BSN Account Manager or send an email to: email@example.com