- Features & Benefits
- Ordering Information
- Lower Limb Styles
- Lower Limb Options
- Upper Limb Styles
- Upper Limb Options
Sorbact Technology-coated swab and hydrogel dressings
Cutimed Sorbact gel dressings reduce bacterial load in a wound by combining Cutimed Sorbact swab with an amorphous hydrogel to support moist wound healing in lower exuding or sloughy wounds.
How it works
Hydrophobic interaction is a basic physical principle. Hydrophobic substances and organisms attract and bind to each other in an aqueous environment and are held together by the forces of the surrounding water molecules.
Cutimed Sorbact dressings are coated with Sorbact Technology, a hydrophobic fatty acid derivative which gives the dressings their highly hydrophobic properties. In the moist environment of an infected wound, bacteria are attracted to the dressing and become irreversibly bound to it. Pathogenic wound bacteria and fungi also display hydrophobic properties so will readily attach to the dressings.
Removing the dressing removes the bound bacteria which cannot multiply or escape once bound to the dressing fibres.
For all types of dry, sloughy or low exuding wounds that are contaminated, colonised or infected
As the dressings do not contain any preservatives or chemically active agents there is:
- No development of bacterial or fungal resistence as hydrophobic interaction is vital for bacteria and fungi to survive
- No risk of allergies
- No cytoxicity as in many other antiseptics
- No promotion of bacterial endotoxin release as microbes are effectively bound but not killed
- The additional moisture from the hydrogel also promotes autolytic debridement in sloughy or partially necrotic wounds
- No contraindications and can be used during pregnancy, breast feeding and on children
|BSN Code||Size||Pack Qty||PIP Code||NHS SC Code|
|72611-00||7.5cm x 7.5cm||1 x 10||347-7015||ELY338|
|72611-01||7.5cm x 15cm||1 x 10||347-7023||ELY339|